Now, i know that this question may seem insane at first sight, but let’s take a moment to think about it…. Look at the Occupy movement. We have the right to protest (DUH…) which goes under our freedom of assembly and speech…but it’s beginning to seem as if we Americans are unable to hold this freedom responsibly.
People don’t seem to understand that this freedom is only granted to us within the boundaries of our other laws. If another law somewhat contradicts one of these basic rights, the basic right does not remain. The other law is the one that would have to be followed even if it denies us a first amendment right (and no law could ever do this completely).
Now maybe you’re thinking, “Casey, I don’t think people are misusing the F.A. (First Amendment) rights in any way!” Really? Is that what you think? Look around, Buttercup…
- People are using the occupy protests to commit crimes including rape, theft, and assaults.
- People protest in restricted areas and refuse to leave when told to by POLICE
- People have begun to praise crimes that are pro occupy (geezer robber…look him up…to make sure you get the right thing add in the word mask.)
- People are becoming less afraid of getting arrested.
- People have begun a protest against…493 different things…
- People are beginning to steal foreclosed homes.
So do I think we deserve the right to assembly? Not completely. I honestly think it should be limited. The other parts of the first amendment, I don’t have a problem with. I’m so glad to live in America and have these freedoms. It just makes me mad when they get taken advantage of. Happy First Amendment Day, guys.